Craig is a born and raised Albertan and has a long-standing passion for cultivating communities. With a l0+ years long-career working with vulnerable and marginalized populations both in government and non-profit, Craig has dedicated skills and knowledge to building true connections and rapport with the public. He has helped create health and wellness programs, facilitated group workshops which teach life skills, and
There are many aspects to physical, mental, and emotional health, and it is important to look at these aspects holistically as well as individually. That’s why Craig co-founded Rock Soup Greenhouse and Food Bank, as he believes this community-minded space can provide a unique way to meet those needs, while maintaining the dignity of the people it serves. In his spare time, Craig loves to spend time with his children, as well as tend to his own garden, and enjoys the Albertan wilderness with camping trips.
Motivated individual with diverse knowledge and skills across the human services sector. Dedicated to helping individuals from marginalized populations achieve self-actualization.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years’ experience working in the Human Services sector
- Excellent critical thinking skills and judgment, as well as strong communication skills
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience with effective conflict resolution skills
- Collaboration in a team environment with the ability to work independently
- Possesses Standard First Aid Level C CPR/AED and Mental Health First Aid
RELEVANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES
|· Trauma Informed Practice||· Supervising||· Adult Education|
|· Creative Problem Solving||· De-escalation||· Leadership/Mentorship|
|· Facilitation||· Grant Proposal Writing||· Relationship Building|
Program Coordinator Boyle Street Community Services 2019 – present
- Assumes supervisory duties in Assistant Manager’s absence
- Ensures client electronic and paper records are secured per FOIP legislation
- Collects and input client data and organizes it for reporting for agency and government purposes
- Coordinates daily allocation of work and scheduling in consultation with staff members
Provincial Men’s Initiative Coordinator Alberta Native Friendship Centres Association 2018 – 2019
- Participated in several provincial Truth and Reconciliation and The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples meetings and working groups
- Managed the yearly budget for the provincial men’s initiatives
- Supported in the setup and delivery of a provincial meeting and conference
Child and Youth Supervisor Family Futures Resource Network 2017 – 2018
- Supervised a team of over 10 employees.
- Assisted in the creation and development of several programs.
- Managed complex situations involving group dynamics, conflict resolution, and mental/behavioural issues.
- Attended various partnership, stakeholder and community collaboration meetings
Team Leader; CYCC III Yellowhead Youth Centre 2009 – 2015
- Supervised a team of front-line staff and up to 10 high needs/high risk children
- Led case conferences, service team, transition and program meetings
Child and Youth Care Diploma Grant MacEwan University 2009